The Bapatla Engineering College(Autonomous), one of the seven educational institutions sponsored by the Bapatla Education Society, was established in 1981 with a vision to impart quality technical education and is affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University. The College is a little away from the din and bustle of Bapatla, a town with a historic and hoary past, about 75 Km. south of Vijayawada on Chennai-Vijayawada rail route. The college offers B.Tech. Programmes in 8 branches of Engineering- Civil, Computer Science, Electronics and Communications, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical Engineering which is thrice NBA accredited, Electronics and Instrumentation, Chemical Engineering which is accredited twice and Information Technology which is accredited once.
Bapatla Engineering College
- This College is one of the few Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, which is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- The Five B. Tech. Courses which were accredited thrice are: Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electonics and Communications Engineering, Electrical and Electonics Engineering & Mechanical Engineering.
- The Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering and Chemical Engineering courses were accredited twice and Infomation Technology was also accredited once
- The College became AUTONOMOUS in the academic Year 2010 – 11.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) accredited 8 B. Tech. programmes offered by the college based on the recommendations of the 6-member sub committee of senior Professors from IISc, Bangalore constituted by it. Further, the Ministry of Surface Transport recognized Mechanical Engineering Course of the College. In addition to this, the college is also registered with Dept. of Scientific & Industrial Research for the purpose of availing Customs duty exemption.
- The college is selected as a Network Institute for the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) of the Ministry of Human Resources Development and the World Bank.
- An amount of Rs. 11.81 crores was granted to the college under this programme.
- Under this programme, the laboratories of six departments (Civil, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, EIE and CSE) were modernized and an amount of Rs.7 Crores was spent for procurement of modern lab equipment and software.
- All the class rooms are provided with LCD Projectors and OHPs.
- A CISCO Digital Media System (DMS) was procured and installed in a studio from where the lectures given by senior faculty or an expert from outside or a visiting dignitary are transmitted live to all these class rooms apart from archiving the same for revision anywhere and anytime.
- The college has excellent infrastructural facilities of buildings with a total plinth area of Six Lakh sq. ft., equipment worth Rs.10 crores, individual Computer Centres for all departments with latest systems and software, 20 Mbps leased-line and 40 Mbps broadband Internet facility, spacious library with rich collection of library books and journals etc.
- The facilities on the campus include a Girls’ Hostel to accommodate 500 students, 11 buses owned by the college for transport of day scholars, a subsidized canteen, adequate facilities for games & sports, mineral water plant (1500 Lts/hour), two stand-by generators (250 KVA & 82.5 KVA) etc.
- The college has NCC and NSS units.
- The performance of the students in the University (Acharya Nagarjuna University) examinations and at National level competitive examinations like Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) has been consistently good.
- Every year, ten students on an average get all India ranks below 100 in GATE. In GATE-1997,
- our student had secured All India First Rank in Civil Engineering branch.
- Our students have also bagged overall First Rank in University examinations on a number of occasions.
- Considerable numbers of students of our college are getting selected every year in campus placements.
- About 75-80% of the students get either placements or secure admission for higher studies (M.Tech. within the country at IITs and other reputed institutes or M.S. in foreign universities) every year