Siddhartha Academy of General & Technical Education, better known as Siddhartha Academy, came into being in the year 1975 with a Corpus Fund of Rs.25 lakhs (Rs.2.5 million) through the efforts of 250 life members drawn from different walks of life having a philanthropic bent of mind. This was registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act in the same year. The main objective of the Academy is to establish and run educational institutions offering education at all levels in the fields of general, technical & professional education. The Academy started its strategic mission of spreading education in Vijayawada in Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh.
Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College
- Approved by AICTE and Permanent Affiliation to JNTUK
- Accredited by NAAC & NBA, New Delhi
- Autonomous College by UGC since 2006 & extended for 10 years, upto 2027-28 without visit to the college, first in A.P.
- Funded with Rs. 6 Crores by World Bank and MHRD under TEQIP-II S.C.1.2 (Scaling up of PG Education and Demand Driven R,D & I)
- NIRF Ranking- The college is ranked among the top 200 engineering institutions in the country for the lass three consecutive years and got a rank of 171 in 2019.
- The College obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification initially in the year 2004 and has been renewing it. Subsequently, the college received ISO 9001:2015 certification after achieving autonomous status.
- Recognized as ‘Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO)’ by DSIR, MST Government of India since August, 2017
- AICTE-CII Survey- Received Platinum Award in years 2017, 2018 & 2019 as a Best Industry Linked Technical Institute.
- NPTEL/SWAYM- The institute secured AAA ranking and all India 7th position for the participation by students and faculty.
- Only private college select for MARGADARSHAN scheme by AICTE in A.P. and Telangana.
- 333 + Total Faculty with 115 Ph.D.s, 100 pursuing Ph.D.s
- Strong Alumni Base- support in the form of Scholarships for academically bright and needy students, Student Research & Innovation.